- Screw machine industry leader
- Complex, production machining for various industries
- High volume, tight tolerance part required a two-step manual drilling and chamfer process to complete.
- During peak season this process required (2) full-time operators per shift
- Client determined that the best solution with the least number of constraints was to use a Cobot that replicated manual two-step drilling process.
- Machine needed to meet a cycle time of 4.47 seconds.
- Client requested that we use the existing hardware on hand.
G90 Engineering Solutions
- Performed comprehensive engineering design review and FMEA to ensure feasibility as well as ability to meet client needs.
- Utilized Client’s existing hardware to save on costs.
- Programmed cobot, machined custom components and assembled machine.
- Machine requires (1) full-time operator per shift with future capability of running with (0.5) full-time operator per shift.
- ROI – Less than (1) year
- Part quality has vastly improved over manual process.