- Building products manufacturer
- B2B and B2C just-in-time manufacturer
CASE STUDY: AUTOMATION LINE REFURB AND REBUILD
REFURBISHED AND REBUILT 16-YEAR-OLD, MULTI-CELL,
AUTOMATION LINE BACK TO MANUFACTURERS’ SPECIFICATIONS AND
- 16-year-old, multi-cell automation line that was life blood of manufacturing operation was losing functionality.
- Machine was experiencing mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical issues.
- Automation line historically performed well and it was more economical to refurbish and rebuild line as opposed to buying new.
G90 Engineering Solutions
- Performed comprehensive assessment and teardown of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical components as well as assessment of controls, HMI, and PLC program.
- Due to budget constraints, G90 worked with Company to determine rebuild and refurbish priorities.
- Refurbished and rebuilt 7 individual cells of automation line to manufacturers’ specifications and customers’ expectations.
- Able to complete refurbishment and rebuild of each cell in 4 weeks helping to reduce impact on Company’s supply chain.
- G90 providing continuous maintenance support to keep 16-year-old automation line performing optimally.